Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted iCloud message conversation

I have iCloud messages enabled. I accidentally deleted a conversation from an iOS device so that has been deleted from all devices. Fortunately it hasn't been deleted from my Mac. Is it possible to restore or re-sync the conversation from Mac to iCloud?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 12:58 PM

6 replies

Jan 27, 2022 11:48 PM in response to psideras

Messages were synced using iCloud services ( the Mac and iPhone are signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network , if iCloud is disabled in Mac , syncing stops ,messages are synced both ways if you delete from one device it simply delete from other , and their is no option to move messages in recently deleted if you compare with other application like mail , notes , mail ..etc .

The reason messages are not saved in iCloud , they are simply syncing .

So the deleted messages can't be exported

See the details in these article What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Jan 29, 2022 9:02 AM in response to psideras

See the article Set up Messages on iPhone - Apple Support 

With Continuity, all the SMS/MMS messages you send and receive on iPhone also appear on your other iOS devices and your Mac. See the Apple Support article Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch.

Read What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

Deleted iCloud message conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.