Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade to Monterey?

I am receiving prompts to upgrade my iMac (21.5-inch, 2017) to Monterey. Says here it should be compatible, but when I tried to upgrade from my current Mojave to Big Sur some time ago I had to undo it because of issues. No problems now. Upgrade?

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 3:06 PM

cmoore34 wrote:

Upgrade?

That's entirely up to you. I have no problems with Monterey 12.2 on my 2017 iMac18,3. It runs very fast for me. I don't know what you use your Mac for or what you have installed so can't comment on whether you'll have any problems or not.

However, if you've installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or VPN apps on your Mac you should uninstall them according to the developer's instructions before upgrading. They are unneeded and will interfere with system and application performance.

Also any 32 bit apps you currently use will not run on Monterey. To see which of your apps will need to be updated to 64 bit download and run the free GO64 app. It will tell you which apps will and will not work on Monterey.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 3:06 PM in response to cmoore34

cmoore34 wrote:

Upgrade?

That's entirely up to you. I have no problems with Monterey 12.2 on my 2017 iMac18,3. It runs very fast for me. I don't know what you use your Mac for or what you have installed so can't comment on whether you'll have any problems or not.

However, if you've installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or VPN apps on your Mac you should uninstall them according to the developer's instructions before upgrading. They are unneeded and will interfere with system and application performance.

Also any 32 bit apps you currently use will not run on Monterey. To see which of your apps will need to be updated to 64 bit download and run the free GO64 app. It will tell you which apps will and will not work on Monterey.

Upgrade to Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.