Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter bough Apple Music on my account but now I just bought her a MacBook and she wants the account. How can I give that to her

Need to transfer the Apple Music to gabs iphone

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 8:05 PM

Items acquired with one Apple ID cannot be merged or transferred to another Apple ID. I suggest that in the long run, the simplest thing to do is to cancel, the current subscription (assuming you don't want it for yourself) and then get a new one for her under her Apple ID. Unfortunately, any info in the current account will be lost.

How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

The other possibility is to change the current individual subscription (in your account) to a family subscription and then use family sharing with you daughter. You will still have access to the current music library with your Apple ID and your daughter will have access to Apple Music with her Apple ID. But your daughter will still have to start from scratch with her Apple ID (with a family subscription, everyone in the family gets their own music library).

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 8:05 PM in response to andrea g

Items acquired with one Apple ID cannot be merged or transferred to another Apple ID. I suggest that in the long run, the simplest thing to do is to cancel, the current subscription (assuming you don't want it for yourself) and then get a new one for her under her Apple ID. Unfortunately, any info in the current account will be lost.

How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

The other possibility is to change the current individual subscription (in your account) to a family subscription and then use family sharing with you daughter. You will still have access to the current music library with your Apple ID and your daughter will have access to Apple Music with her Apple ID. But your daughter will still have to start from scratch with her Apple ID (with a family subscription, everyone in the family gets their own music library).

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Feb 9, 2022 5:02 AM in response to andrea g

Best way to share your Music account is to use Apple Family sharing.

Before that you need to do three things-

1 Create a new Apple ID for your daughter. 

2. Change Apple Music subscription plan to family. (Check out the pricing details)

3. Setup Family Sharing on your account.

Now head over to Settings -> Tap on iCloud profile -> Family Sharing.

Here you have to add member and share purchases. 

My daughter bough Apple Music on my account but now I just bought her a MacBook and she wants the account. How can I give that to her

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.