Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with latest 15.3 Update

Updated to 15.3 and now I can’t connect to the internet. But my iPad - which I haven’t updated yet - and is on the very same WiFi network is still working normally with no internet connection problems. Why? How can I go back?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 6:33 AM

all the Apple Community Articles seem to say the same thing: every Apple product, once updated you cannot undo or rollback to prior version.

The only time mention is made of rolling back is trial testing beta versions yet to be released to the public.

20 replies

Jan 31, 2022 1:08 PM in response to olekz

UPDATE: Good news! I don’t know why, but my iPhone is working okay again. It’s very strange because I didn’t get another update, and it suddenly started working again despite not having restarted my router. (I had tried that already at the beginning.) Anyway, regardless of the reason, it’s working now. Hooray! I hope yours is working again too.

Feb 4, 2022 8:29 AM in response to sjd1138

Having the same issue with an iPad Pro, but my phone is fine. I can connect to an older Apple router, but not my recent Bell router. I get failures, and if I "forget this network" and try again, I get password errors. Everything is fine on my 25 or so other WiFi devices.

I decided to troubleshoot some more, and checked the logs on the router for a clue. I got what looks like a clue. I get numerous errors saying a device got the password wrong. Sometimes several a second. Sometimes it says a device connected successfully, then in the same second another line saying the password was wrong. For clarity, these are not me typing a password - it has to be the device trying to use its memorized password (that usually works).

This began with the 15.3 update.

Perhaps this may help others in their troubleshooting. Maybe it's that the new Bell router supports a newer WiFi technology that the iPad is trying to use, and that's why the older Apple router still connects? Maybe there's a bug in 15.3 that affects the passing of credentials with the newer technology? Just guessing of course, but there has to be a reason.

Problems with latest 15.3 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.