Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8th gen iPad update unavailable to IOS 15.3

I have an 8th gen 2021 iPad on IOS 15.0 but a prompt to update to 15.3 keeps poping up but every time I go to the update menu it sits and buffers, nothing comes up. How do I force an update?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 3:23 PM

Hi evquill001,

We see you're trying to update to the latest version of iPadOS 15, but are unable to do so.

The first thing we'd recommend is to check if the update has already been downloaded under Settings > General > iPad Storage. It should show an iOS 15 update if it's downloaded. Tap on it and delete it.

Then try updating again using these steps:

If you're still unable to update, you'd need to update via a Mac or PC. Links to those steps can be found in the intro section of the aforementioned article.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 3:23 PM in response to evquill001

Hi evquill001,

We see you're trying to update to the latest version of iPadOS 15, but are unable to do so.

The first thing we'd recommend is to check if the update has already been downloaded under Settings > General > iPad Storage. It should show an iOS 15 update if it's downloaded. Tap on it and delete it.

Then try updating again using these steps:

If you're still unable to update, you'd need to update via a Mac or PC. Links to those steps can be found in the intro section of the aforementioned article.

Take care.

8th gen iPad update unavailable to IOS 15.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.