Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery

I’ve had my iPhone 11 for almost a year in march, and my battery capacity is at 87% what should I do ?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 8:04 PM

Nothing you can really do about it other than pay for a replacement if you feel you want a battery with more capacity. Apple will only replace a battery under warranty if there's a specific battery fault. Something like a bad battery resulting in an unplanned shutdown or if it actually reaches their standards for "depletion" (under 80% battery health) before it reaches 500 complete charge-discharge cycles within the warranty period. Everything in between is normal variation based on way too many variables for anyone to account for.

If you want to be able to use it longer, maybe pack a USB power bank with you. I've got a Mophie Powerstation 8000 that fits nicely in my pocket. It can extend my iPhone runtime by about 20-24 hours.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 8:04 PM in response to Meganhymer

Nothing you can really do about it other than pay for a replacement if you feel you want a battery with more capacity. Apple will only replace a battery under warranty if there's a specific battery fault. Something like a bad battery resulting in an unplanned shutdown or if it actually reaches their standards for "depletion" (under 80% battery health) before it reaches 500 complete charge-discharge cycles within the warranty period. Everything in between is normal variation based on way too many variables for anyone to account for.

If you want to be able to use it longer, maybe pack a USB power bank with you. I've got a Mophie Powerstation 8000 that fits nicely in my pocket. It can extend my iPhone runtime by about 20-24 hours.

Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.