Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Modem/Router Combo

I have a MacMini which has wifi thru Comcast XFinity. I'm considering purchasing a Modem/Router combo. Do any of you know the best brands to use with a Mac? I have researched, and the most recommended ones seem to be Motorola, Arris, and Netgear.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 9:36 PM

7 replies

Jan 29, 2022 4:45 AM in response to suefromknoxville

FWIW, I would suggest separate modem and WiFi router. You purchase a modem based on your current level of service. If you want to increase your level of service in the future, you simply buy a new modem which is much cheaper than an all in one.

Then buying the WiFi router separately, you will have a much wider selection of products that you can tailor to your own personal WiFi needs, whether it be a single WiFi router or a mesh system.

Jan 31, 2022 10:43 AM in response to woodmeister50

woodmeister50 wrote:

FWIW, I would suggest separate modem and WiFi router.

I completely agree for all the reasons you have mentioned.

In the past I always used the Motorola modems since they actually allowed the user to view the modem logs to check on signal strength and speed for the coaxial connection plus they always seemed to be better at the time. Some other modems would not allow this. I no longer have Comcast (thank God!) so I am not up on the current modems.

Modem/Router Combo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.