Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery related

I am using IPhone 11 and it has 100% battery health, why my iPhone’s battery draining so faster after update ios 15 ?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 1:46 AM

iPhone 11 and later models, battery performance --> About the battery and performance of iPhone 11 and later

7 replies

Feb 2, 2022 6:37 PM in response to Ashleymaemiller

Ashleymaemiller wrote:
I was at the apple store for an unrelated issues on 1/30. Updated from 15.2 to 15.3 that night. I went from 96% maximum capacity to now (3 days later) 87% maximum capacity and my phone dies in about 6 hours. Called back to support today and there is nothing that they can do

No battery will lose 9% of actual capacity overnight unless there's something really extreme such as being left at extremely high temperatures. What often happens is that one can have months (maybe even a year) where the battery health displayed by iOS is stuck at the same value and then it updates. It's not a real time battery capacity reading, but an estimate that eventually gets updated.

How long have you had the phone or at least when was the last time it had a new battery installed? That might give a better idea of whether or not 87% is typical or not.

Feb 2, 2022 11:19 PM in response to Ashleymaemiller

Truly dropping 9% in a week just doesn't happen. It's kind of a mystery when it updates. I will say that Apple diagnostics may not provide the same value. But you're saying 87% after 16 months? Sounds about right.

I can't say why your run time is so low, but that can happen for a short time after an update. Or there could be something with the update. Apple is pretty good about doing diagnostics on request. You can get that done at an Apple Store or by calling in.

Battery related

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.