Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else experiencing issues with Safari working properly with web sites they used to go to, banks, financial, auto, etc.?

After the last few macOS/Safari updates (12.x) Safari has not worked properly when loading many web sites that previously worked. Bank, financial, auto manufacturer, sports, etc. web pages are not loading/working correctly. Entering information on many of these sites is also not working as before.

If I use Firefox, I have not problem with these sites and they work the same as they did with Safari in the past. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, and if so is there a fix for the problem?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 12:53 PM

I did not say that the problem was with the web sites. I was explaining the process which is involved. This was to offer some information as to why Safari can have issues with some web sites. In short, Safari is in some way not compliant with the interface requirements of those sites. It is true that with recent Safari updates these problems have occurred which seem not to be problematic with other browsers. To date, there has been no one, simple solution to these fried problems. The simple solution for users is to just us another browser that does work. Problem solved.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 12:53 PM in response to rsmithGA

I did not say that the problem was with the web sites. I was explaining the process which is involved. This was to offer some information as to why Safari can have issues with some web sites. In short, Safari is in some way not compliant with the interface requirements of those sites. It is true that with recent Safari updates these problems have occurred which seem not to be problematic with other browsers. To date, there has been no one, simple solution to these fried problems. The simple solution for users is to just us another browser that does work. Problem solved.

Jan 28, 2022 12:17 PM in response to Ronasara

I don't think that all the dozens of sites that I regularly go to have updated their web pages so that they no longer work properly with the latest Safari. I believe that something has been broken in Safari such that it no longer works properly with the dozens of web sites that I regularly go to. I have no problem with the sites using Firefox or Chrome. Hence my belief that the latest Safari updates (via macOS updates) are the issue. I am currently on the latest macOS, Monterey 12.2. Wondering if anyone else has seen the issue as well.

Apr 5, 2022 2:18 AM in response to jacbec

Frankly this is not good enough from Apple! I find that Safari just reformats major articles from the Financial Times into a bland text only format. There is no problem with Firefox. Apple have lost the plot and I shall go on with Firefox for both the FT and major share dealing sites I use. I would be happy to discuss this with Apple but no one seems interested.

Apr 8, 2022 5:48 AM in response to rsmithGA

So many sites no longer work with Safari that the browser has become virtually useless and obsolete. Apple seems to have done nothing to address this. It's particularly annoying when accessing sites with passwords stored on Safari. You either have to save passwords on another browser (I like Firefox) or go into your saved passwords, and copy and paste them into the other browser. Apple must fix this and realize that the world no longer ends at its fingertips.

Jan 28, 2022 10:27 AM in response to rsmithGA

Sometimes the fix is to do a system upgrade to install a newer version of Safari. That doesn't always work, however. Here is some information which may be useful for you. If you are unable to access certain web sites and possibly getting a message that your browser must be updated, this is not an unusual situation. The reason is that web site engineers write their software to work with various browsers based on standardized specifications if they are to be compliant. Some sites are not yet compliant. Also, some older browsers may not be fully compliant. Or you can use another browser that does work such as Firefox or Chrome. They can be individually updated as needed. It is important to know that Safari is installed as part of the operating system and it normally it cannot be individually updated. Safari is periodically updated when the computer's operating system (OS) is updated or upgraded. Finally, even if you are able to update Safari, there is no guarantee that it will be compatible with every web site. This is why many of us have more than one browser installed.

Apr 5, 2022 9:54 AM in response to mikefromlenham

You have pointed out a problem with Safari that seems to manifest fairly widely. Also, some web sites can not be loaded. It's odd that these and other problems seem to be random. That is, they only affect some computers. The same problems seem never to manifest with the use of other browsers. The solution? To date, there has not been a fix that anyone can reliably say works. The bottom line is that is why many of us must use Safari plus another browser.

Anyone else experiencing issues with Safari working properly with web sites they used to go to, banks, financial, auto, etc.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.