Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can app store demand password every time anyone download an app, even we re-download the deleted app?

Can app store demand password every time anyone download an app, even when we re-download the deleted app? I don’t want anyone to re-download my deleted apps on my phone without my permission. Apple, please enable the password requirement to prevent annoying apps being re-downloaded on my devices.

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 6:35 PM

Did you follow this:

Require a password on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Media & Purchases.
  4. Tap Password Settings, then choose the setting that you want.

If you don't see Password Settings, you have turned on Face ID or Touch ID for App Store and iTunes Purchases. To change this, go back to Settings, tap "Face ID & Passcode" or "Touch ID & Passcode", then turn off Face ID or Touch ID next to iTunes & App Store.

That will accomplish what you want but do you also have a strong 6 digit passcode to open your iPhone?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 6:35 PM in response to hang105

Did you follow this:

Require a password on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Media & Purchases.
  4. Tap Password Settings, then choose the setting that you want.

If you don't see Password Settings, you have turned on Face ID or Touch ID for App Store and iTunes Purchases. To change this, go back to Settings, tap "Face ID & Passcode" or "Touch ID & Passcode", then turn off Face ID or Touch ID next to iTunes & App Store.

That will accomplish what you want but do you also have a strong 6 digit passcode to open your iPhone?

Can app store demand password every time anyone download an app, even we re-download the deleted app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.