Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSight not working

I just returned from the Apple store where they replaced my bad HD and now iSight doesn't work properly. I can pull up Photo Booth, for example, but there's no picture. The green light is on but all I see is a black screen where my face should be. Any ideas?

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Aug 7, 2010 5:15 PM

3 replies

Aug 8, 2010 7:48 AM in response to bzq

bzq wrote:
I just returned from the Apple store where they replaced my bad HD and now iSight doesn't work properly. I can pull up Photo Booth, for example, but there's no picture. The green light is on but all I see is a black screen where my face should be. Any ideas?

Take it back immediately and politely ask them to finish the job. Ask them to show you that iSight is working properly before you take your Mac home again.

If you want to try some things yourself: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2090
However, I strongly suggest you ask your store to do the work in case there are other things left undone.

EZ Jim

Mac Pro Quad Core (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz w/Mac OS X (10.6.4)  MacBook Pro (13 inch, Mid 2009) 2.26GHz (10.6.4)
LED Cinema Display  G4 PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11)  iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9)  External iSight

Aug 12, 2010 7:06 AM in response to bzq

bzq wrote:
I was hoping you weren't going to say that....but you're right. Who knows what else might be messed up. And for the price, this should be working perfectly. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Mac Pro Quad Core (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz w/Mac OS X (10.6.4)  MacBook Pro (13 inch, Mid 2009) 2.26GHz (10.6.4)
LED Cinema Display  G4 PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11)  iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9)  External iSight

iSight not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.