Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M1 Max – password works only for first time

Hi, I have Macbook Pro M1 Max for about one months, but now I am not able to use my password for more than one time. I start the macbook by button (or restart), I put my password into login input and I get in. Everything looks fine. But when I need to use my password for second time (doesn't matter what the reason is) the macbook doesn't recognize it and behave as it is wrong password. I am only user and I have admin rights. And all my finger prints for Touch ID are gone. I have already reset the password during the booting as Apple recomends.s

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 12:29 AM

Try creating a new user with admin rights to see if that user has problem.

Have you tried booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 12:29 AM in response to bbd1000

Try creating a new user with admin rights to see if that user has problem.

Have you tried booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Jan 29, 2022 9:28 AM in response to PRP_53

It happened yesterday and I have absolutely no idea why. I finally solved it by reinstalling and deleting the encrypted data on iCloud and at the same time changing the password on my other macbook, where I had set the same password. Why this worked without problems for about a month and suddenly what I described happened, I have no idea, that's why I wrote to this discussion.

Feb 22, 2022 6:12 AM in response to bbd1000

bbd1000 wrote:

It happened yesterday and I have absolutely no idea why. I finally solved it by reinstalling and deleting the encrypted data on iCloud and at the same time changing the password on my other macbook, where I had set the same password. Why this worked without problems for about a month and suddenly what I described happened, I have no idea, that's why I wrote to this discussion.

What encrypted Data in iCloud ?

AFAIK - iCloud is a means used to sync Data from one Apple Device to another Apple device where all devices have iCloud enabled and all devices are signed into and using the same Apple ID

Macbook Pro M1 Max – password works only for first time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.