Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock my notes password which I forgot

my Face ID for the notes ia not working and I forgot my password, what do I do open my locked notes

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 12:29 AM

You need the password that was originally set for the locked note(s). Without that password you will not be able to access that note (as you have discovered). NOTE that if you reset the password then the new password only applies with the future locked notes. The present locked notes will always need to original password that you have forgotten. You will get unlimited tries to guess the forgotten password.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 12:29 AM in response to ramchuck

You need the password that was originally set for the locked note(s). Without that password you will not be able to access that note (as you have discovered). NOTE that if you reset the password then the new password only applies with the future locked notes. The present locked notes will always need to original password that you have forgotten. You will get unlimited tries to guess the forgotten password.

Axel F.

How to unlock my notes password which I forgot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.