You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to connect my MacBook Pro to an Epson L3150 printer and it is not able to connect over WIFI. Is it possible to use this pinter?

Is it possible to wirelessly connect a MacBook Pro OS Version 12 to an Epson L3150 printer?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 12:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 2:02 AM

This printer was released around the time of OS X 10.10 Yosemite in 2014 and may be getting too old for recent versions of macOS. While it is a wi-fi printer it is significant that it is not on Apple's list of AirPrint supported printers. That page describes AirPrint as: an Apple technology that helps you create full-quality printed output without the need to download or install drivers.

As it is not an AirPrint device you are at the mercy of availability of updated drivers and the latest one available from Epson for this printer is for macOS 11 Big Sur. It may or may not be sufficient for macOS 12 Monterey. Follow the advice above from lllaass.

Try adding it to your Mac first with a cable, then if you find that works you might try add it as a wi-fi printer.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2022 2:02 AM in response to Ploy39

This printer was released around the time of OS X 10.10 Yosemite in 2014 and may be getting too old for recent versions of macOS. While it is a wi-fi printer it is significant that it is not on Apple's list of AirPrint supported printers. That page describes AirPrint as: an Apple technology that helps you create full-quality printed output without the need to download or install drivers.

As it is not an AirPrint device you are at the mercy of availability of updated drivers and the latest one available from Epson for this printer is for macOS 11 Big Sur. It may or may not be sufficient for macOS 12 Monterey. Follow the advice above from lllaass.

Try adding it to your Mac first with a cable, then if you find that works you might try add it as a wi-fi printer.

I am trying to connect my MacBook Pro to an Epson L3150 printer and it is not able to connect over WIFI. Is it possible to use this pinter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.