Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocking iPhone

Hi I recently purchased an iPhone from the Apple store recently and wanted to know if you guys can unlock the phone for me since it’s a gift to a friend working overseas. I have the serial number and proof of purchase!

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 3:57 AM

It may be unlocked already. If you requested a "no carrier attached" device (paid full price) it should be unlocked. If requested to be preloaded with a carrier, you will have to talk to the carrier to unlock. And you have 14 days from initial purchase to return and do it again.

Remember that warranty service is often restricted to country the phone was purchased. Perhaps if you can return the device you just send money for your friend

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 3:57 AM in response to Jbg_924

It may be unlocked already. If you requested a "no carrier attached" device (paid full price) it should be unlocked. If requested to be preloaded with a carrier, you will have to talk to the carrier to unlock. And you have 14 days from initial purchase to return and do it again.

Remember that warranty service is often restricted to country the phone was purchased. Perhaps if you can return the device you just send money for your friend

Unlocking iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.