Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad unavailable

My Ipad says ipad unavailable. Hadn't logged onto it for about 2 weeks. It says to press home, and does not give me the "keypad" option to enter my passcode.

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 11:44 AM

Try and Force restart iPad

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button and keep it pressed until Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the above does not work and your iPad still remains Unavailable, then You will have to reset the passcode to your iPad by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔  If you forgot the passcode or if your iPad has been disabled. You will need a computer to execute this procedure and all the data on your iPad will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on ➔ iCloud and/or on a computerIf you do then, you can ➔Restore your iPad from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPad has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 11:44 AM in response to jusvab

Try and Force restart iPad

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button and keep it pressed until Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the above does not work and your iPad still remains Unavailable, then You will have to reset the passcode to your iPad by following the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔  If you forgot the passcode or if your iPad has been disabled. You will need a computer to execute this procedure and all the data on your iPad will be erased.

Hopefully, you have a backup created on ➔ iCloud and/or on a computerIf you do then, you can ➔Restore your iPad from the backup file once your passcode has been reset and the iPad has been returned to factory settings by the procedure in the link above.

Axel F.

Ipad unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.