Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music playlists

My playlists keep on repeating themselves. If I make one, it duplicates itself, and now I cant add music to my playlists.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 10:38 AM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2022 1:49 PM in response to zahrakadi

Hi there zahrakadi,

It sounds like you are seeing duplicate playlists in Apple Music on your Mac. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here in Apple Support Communities, and we can help.

Convert music file formats in Music on Mac talks about the differences between the file types you may be seeing. That page also states, "The song in its original format and the newly converted song appear in your library." That may be why you are seeing what appears to be duplicates.

These articles may also be helpful: Find duplicate items in Music on Mac, and Create, edit, and delete Smart Playlists in Music on Mac

If that doesn't seem to help, where exactly are you seeing this list of duplicate playlists in Apple Music? Do you also see these duplicates on any other device that is signed in and using your Apple Music subscription? Do you recall any changes being made to your Mac or software since noticing this?

If you force quit Apple Music, and then restart your Mac, does the issue persist? Learn more here:

How to force an app to quit on your Mac

How to turn your Mac on or off

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care!

Apple music playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.