Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Maps Audio

The audio on my Google Maps app is no longer working on my iPhone. My ringer is on and turned all the way up. I believe it stopped working with the laters IOS update although I had problems with the volume prior to the update. I worked fine sometimes and was only a whisper other times. Do I need to adjust any other settings?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 6:07 AM

Hello elppaofmyeye,

We'd love to assist you with your Google Maps concern. The app uses the device volume. Is the issue occurring with other apps at the same time it is occurring in Google Maps? If it is not, then that means the issue is isolate to the Google Maps app. We'd recommend completing the steps offered by Google Maps support here: Google Maps Help and if those steps do not resolve the issue, then please delete the app and re-download it using the steps here: See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more

Take care

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 6:07 AM in response to elppaofmyeye

Hello elppaofmyeye,

We'd love to assist you with your Google Maps concern. The app uses the device volume. Is the issue occurring with other apps at the same time it is occurring in Google Maps? If it is not, then that means the issue is isolate to the Google Maps app. We'd recommend completing the steps offered by Google Maps support here: Google Maps Help and if those steps do not resolve the issue, then please delete the app and re-download it using the steps here: See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more

Take care

Google Maps Audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.