Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forced Restart

Hello,

I have an iPhone XR that is having difficulties turning on. The black screen with the spinning wheel appeared so I preformed the forced restart (volume button up, volume button down, then hold the power button). The Apple logo appears after a while, then my home screen. I go to actually open the phone (read a message) the spinning wheel reappears and it’s the whole thing over again. There’s been times where the apple logo appears and doesn’t do anything for long period of time. Is the forced restart something that has to be constantly repeated ? I’ve done it several times at this point. The storage is absolutely full which could be a factor since I can’t update to most recent version of iOS. I’d rather do all I can before having to have all of my content deleted. Please help !

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 7:08 PM

You’ll need to use a computer next following the section “If your iPhone turns on but gets stuck during start up“ at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

1 reply

Forced Restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.