Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 Maximum capacity battery 98% in 4month

Hi team,

can anyone tell me why my new iphone 12 reduced its battery maximum capacity from 100% to 98% within 4month.

i am worried pls suggest 😣😣😣

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 6:09 PM

Batteries, ALL BATTERIES with every full cycle charge, lose their ability to hold the same charge as new. It's normal. And a 2% reduction in battery health in 4 months is not cause for concern. When Battery Health dips to 80% or less, which in the future it surely will, it will then be time to pay to have a new battery put in your iPhone. Until that day, stop worrying about something which is normal and cannot be stopped.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 6:09 PM in response to dikshant260

Batteries, ALL BATTERIES with every full cycle charge, lose their ability to hold the same charge as new. It's normal. And a 2% reduction in battery health in 4 months is not cause for concern. When Battery Health dips to 80% or less, which in the future it surely will, it will then be time to pay to have a new battery put in your iPhone. Until that day, stop worrying about something which is normal and cannot be stopped.

Iphone 12 Maximum capacity battery 98% in 4month

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.