Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store.

going around and around in circles here. I have a Macbook Air and NO other Apple device.

Cannot log into App Store to install anything on my computer.

Thought apple was supposed to be easy but this is a nightmare experience.

Nothing I can work out to get around this but can log into my Apple Id in preferences without a problem.

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 10:41 PM

my dad finally worked out from another post that you have to open Music (iTunes does not exist on this computer) and then sign in there. You have to give address details (HOW DUMB) and then you can sign in to Music account.

Once signed into Music account you can sign into App Store and it finally works.

How about a proper message in the first place and save hours of searching for a problem that so many people encounter.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2022 10:41 PM in response to repip

my dad finally worked out from another post that you have to open Music (iTunes does not exist on this computer) and then sign in there. You have to give address details (HOW DUMB) and then you can sign in to Music account.

Once signed into Music account you can sign into App Store and it finally works.

How about a proper message in the first place and save hours of searching for a problem that so many people encounter.

This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.