Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe to use my Mi 3i 18w PD 20,000 Mah powerbank to charge Macbook Air?

I would like to know if it is safe for the Macbook Air, if I charge it with my Xiaomi Mi 18W powerbank?

I know it might be charging slower than the 30W wall adapter, but if I am in any situation where i don't have other option, is it safe to use?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 11:08 AM

The links within it eventually take you to this excerpt from About Mac power adapters - Apple Support:

"If your Mac uses USB-C to charge, you can charge your Mac notebook with any USB-C power adapter or display. For the best charging experience, you should use the power adapter and cable included with your Mac notebook."

It is safe.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 11:08 AM in response to mithun1010

The links within it eventually take you to this excerpt from About Mac power adapters - Apple Support:

"If your Mac uses USB-C to charge, you can charge your Mac notebook with any USB-C power adapter or display. For the best charging experience, you should use the power adapter and cable included with your Mac notebook."

It is safe.

Is it safe to use my Mi 3i 18w PD 20,000 Mah powerbank to charge Macbook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.