Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iphone 13 pro 128gb from Dubai Duty Free. Once i came here and opened the seal, the back glass is cracked.

My phone was sealed and my friend bought it from dubai. Once I opened the seal in Sri Lanka it’s already a bit cracked. Please give me a solution because I can’t go to dubai to fix it. All I need is an approval to fix my phone from Apple Cupertino addressing the Authorized Service provider in Sri Lanka.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 7:06 AM

Take it to your Apple Store where you live, but Apple can refuse to do anything on a phone bought in Dubai in Sri Lanka. Warranty is not international.

Since this is a user to user only forum, we cannot speak for what Apple may be willing to do. They will NOT replace the phone for you. A phone purchased in Dubai would not be the same as one sold in Sri Lanka and Apple will ONLY replace a phone with the exact same model purchased. Apple can replace the back glass on iPhone 12 and 13 models however, so they may be willing to help you with that. Only they however, can definitely make that determination.

Ps: You are not writing Apple Cupertino here. This is a user to user only forum. You can use the Get Support button at the top of this page to speak with Apple directly.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 7:06 AM in response to dil_15

Take it to your Apple Store where you live, but Apple can refuse to do anything on a phone bought in Dubai in Sri Lanka. Warranty is not international.

Since this is a user to user only forum, we cannot speak for what Apple may be willing to do. They will NOT replace the phone for you. A phone purchased in Dubai would not be the same as one sold in Sri Lanka and Apple will ONLY replace a phone with the exact same model purchased. Apple can replace the back glass on iPhone 12 and 13 models however, so they may be willing to help you with that. Only they however, can definitely make that determination.

Ps: You are not writing Apple Cupertino here. This is a user to user only forum. You can use the Get Support button at the top of this page to speak with Apple directly.

Jan 30, 2022 7:25 AM in response to EugeneAskWhy

EugeneAskWhy wrote:

Where did you buy it, is it from the apple store, you could get a new one as it is a defect that you didn't cause it.

If you read the OP, the phone was bought in Dubai and the OP is in Sri Lanka. Apple won't replace a phone purchased in Dubai in Sri Lanka. The phone could be replaced if the OP wants to get on a plane and go to Dubai, however.

The OP can send the phone to the friend who bought it in Dubai and have the issue addressed there as another option. But since the phone was manufactured for the region it was purchased in, Apple will only replace the phone with the same model, which won't be an option in Sri Lanka.

This is why we ALWAYS tell people to buy their device in the country they live and will use it.

Jan 30, 2022 9:54 AM in response to dil_15

You can always try. There are reports of one-off cases here and there, but mostly I've heard of them at official Apple Stores, and they usually involved international shipping.

Also - there isn't anyone here (mostly non-employee Apple users but some moderators and a few Apple employees who cite support articles) who can specifically get approval for your request. You'll have to either deal with your local AASP to see if they can get the permission to get a replacement device shipped from the UAE, or you'll need to ship it to the UAE and have someone get it repaired/replaced there.

However, looking at the crack, I think you might have a reasonable case that it's covered under warranty.

I bought an iphone 13 pro 128gb from Dubai Duty Free. Once i came here and opened the seal, the back glass is cracked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.