Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best course to update my old MacBook Pro from Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5) to Catalina?

Hello,

I have recently recovered my old MacBook Pro Retina 13" Late 2012 to its original macOS Mountain Lion (10.8.5). I want to bring my macOS version to the latest available for this model, Catalina (10.15.7).

What's the best course of action to make this happen? If I click on the Apple logo and then Software Update, my (very) old Mac Store lands on a page where the only update available is an iTunes 12.4.3 but no trace of any macOS system upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 7:04 AM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and click on El Capitan, High Sierra, or Mojave. After installing an intermediate version, click on Catalina.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(213231)

1 reply

What is the best course to update my old MacBook Pro from Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5) to Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.