Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permanently Block iMessages

How do I block iMessages? Not just turn off notifications or alerts, or leave the conversation, but physically stop the imessages from coming through? I keep getting inappropriate group spam imessages. Asking them to remove me just incites them to keep texting. My kids keep getting added to group imessages with classmates that are sometimes inappropriate. I delete them and try to block them, but they just keep adding them back to the conversation.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 9:08 AM

It is a Sisyphean task. See this: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/block-filter-and-report-messages-iph203ab0be4/ios

4 replies

Jan 30, 2022 9:44 AM in response to muguy

There is no option to report or block when I click on it. I legit just had a naked crotch shot just messaged to me from a hotmail address. If this had gone to my kids phone I would be livid. Apple needs to provide a way to report and block this stuff. I have filter from unknown senders on as well and that's not working either.

Permanently Block iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.