Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio loosing with Sony WH-1000XM4 in Macbook Air M1 2020

So, I got this Macbook Air 2020 M1.

I have noticed that the headphones - Sony WH-1000XM4 looses audio in between some video.

The video keeps on playing, but the audio goes off complete.

No mute, nothing it just stops playing. At times it regains automatically after some time or have to restart the device.

I have also noticed that, it happens the same when the device is connected over a wired connection instead of bluetooth.

Does it happen to anyone else?

Any solutions ?

TIA.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 11:04 AM

Seriously consider installing the Sony headphone software¹ on the iPhone from the iOS App Store. Then let it pair with the headphones and detect if a firmware update is available. Apply the firmware update. This is what I did with my WH-1000XM4 headphones and it fixed a few things including the ability to concurrently pair with two Macs, and even pair at all with my new 16-inch MBP M1 Pro.

¹ Headphone Connect

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 11:04 AM in response to arideeps

Seriously consider installing the Sony headphone software¹ on the iPhone from the iOS App Store. Then let it pair with the headphones and detect if a firmware update is available. Apply the firmware update. This is what I did with my WH-1000XM4 headphones and it fixed a few things including the ability to concurrently pair with two Macs, and even pair at all with my new 16-inch MBP M1 Pro.

¹ Headphone Connect

Audio loosing with Sony WH-1000XM4 in Macbook Air M1 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.