Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 constantly searching

How do I stop my iPhone 12 from constantly searching for other devices and wearing down the battery?

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 10:56 AM

When I have Bluetooth on, "Other devices" is constantly circling and doesn't find devices that I have previously connected to. My battery does drain really fast unless I turn off Bluetooth, which I shouldn't have to do all the time.

10 replies

Jan 30, 2022 10:39 AM in response to Nash2020

If you are referring to Bluetooth, the device is not searching unless you open Settings>Bluetooth. Once you close Bluetooth in Settings, the device is no longer searching or is discoverable. It is not having an affect on your battery. If you seem to believe that Bluetooth is having an affect on your battery, it is for something else. What makes you believe Bluetooth is having an affect on your battery?

Jan 31, 2022 2:28 PM in response to Nash2020

And again, as I said, when you open Bluetooth, it will circle. Think of the light in the refrigerator. When you close the door, the light goes off. When you close Bluetooth on the phone, the searching goes off. You are seeing the spinning circle because you have opened Bluetooth. Your battery draining fast is not due to Bluetooth unless you are keeping Bluetooth open on the screen so it is in discovery/pairing mode.

If you wish to check on battery usage, go to Settings>Battery>and see what app is using the highest percentage of battery over the time period. Then you work on troubleshooting that.

Feb 2, 2022 9:57 AM in response to Nash2020

If you are using Facebook on cellular, do you have a strong signal? If not, then that will also consume more battery. Make sure that if you are using the Facebook app that you have it updated to the latest version. If you are using the app, you may want to remove it and download a fresh copy again. Otherwise I am not aware of any other things you could try.

iPhone 12 constantly searching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.