Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Black After Update to macOS 11.4

MacBook Air 2019. When updating operating system thought I noticed a black rectangle flashing in the upper right quarter of the screen but when I moved the update box to the left part of the screen I did not see it. Then when it was restarting to install the update there was a thin amount of black flashing across the whole very top of the screen before it turned off. I came back the computer and now the screen is black. The keyboard lights up. When I turn off the computer by pressing the on button I can see the screen get blacker. It is a uniform near black when turned on. Only thing new is that I listed it on eBay with the serial number.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 6:38 PM

Hi,

Following article could help your issue.

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail AppleStore is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 6:38 PM in response to VideoPlayer

Hi,

Following article could help your issue.

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail AppleStore is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Screen Black After Update to macOS 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.