Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I cut off the end of this video clip and export?

I have a QT movie clip I want to cut the 2nd half off of and export as a stand alone QT clip.

How do I do this with iMovie ?

Running Montery OSX with iMovie 10.3.1

thanks for any help,

t

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 9:58 PM

Import the video clip into the timeline of a newly created iMovie project. Do Modify/Split Clip at the midpoint of the movie. Then you can select the first part of the clip and press delete on your keyboard, and export the remaining part that you did not delete.

Another way is to trim back the first part of the movie to the midpoint, and then export the remaining half.

-- Rich.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 9:58 PM in response to txchain

Import the video clip into the timeline of a newly created iMovie project. Do Modify/Split Clip at the midpoint of the movie. Then you can select the first part of the clip and press delete on your keyboard, and export the remaining part that you did not delete.

Another way is to trim back the first part of the movie to the midpoint, and then export the remaining half.

-- Rich.

how do I cut off the end of this video clip and export?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.