Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2007 IMac OSX update

Hello, I have a question I have a mid 2007 IMac with 10.10.5 Yosemite. Five years ago I upgraded to 1TB other than that it’s stock I was wondering could I update to a more recent operating software above 10.10.5?. If so whata needed?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 11:07 PM

7 replies

Jan 30, 2022 11:26 PM in response to Jack-19

I was trying to install El Capitan but the iMac was saying there not enough memory maybe I’m over looking something. Even when I looking for

software update. It’s telling me No Updates. Could this be because it’s bo longer Available and Apple no longer has in software update section?. Or would be better to do a full erase drive and re install. If this is needed which software would be needed OS X Tiger?

Jan 30, 2022 11:31 PM in response to tal292

tal292 wrote:

I was trying to install El Capitan but the iMac was saying there not enough memory maybe I’m over looking something. Even when I looking for
software update. It’s telling me No Updates. Could this be because it’s bo longer Available and Apple no longer has in software update section?. Or would be better to do a full erase drive and re install. If this is needed which software would be needed OS X Tiger?

Thanks for the additional info!

Please go to the Apple menu () > About This Mac. How much Memory does your Mac have?

Jack

2007 IMac OSX update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.