Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

auto switching is not working for audio output.

If the title is in Atmos , then its working fine under auto setting in audio output, if the title is in 5.1 dialogues are not heard and need to switch to dolby 5.1 to hear everything. is there a solution yet?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 12:55 AM

Is your loudspeakers through a soundbar, Bluetooth attached speakers, receiver, just TV speakers? I’d make sure all devices are using the latest software, from the AppleTV to the TV to the soundbar - any device between the AppleTV and actual speakers update.

Did the issue crop up around a specific time of the AppleTV update or update on the TV? I’ve seen “Auto” negotiate a standard have issues on a number of devices over the years.

From an A/V troubleshooting aspect, there’s usually multiple devices in the A/V chain. I try to identify what specific device may be causing the issue to focus my attention on the right one (It may or may not be the AppleTV). While unlikely, do try a different HDMI cable. Next, eliminate the soundbar or audio receiver or Bluetooth speakers -> test using just the TV speakers (if possible). If any test scenarios eliminates the issue, request assistance from that device maker too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 12:55 AM in response to gken_27

Is your loudspeakers through a soundbar, Bluetooth attached speakers, receiver, just TV speakers? I’d make sure all devices are using the latest software, from the AppleTV to the TV to the soundbar - any device between the AppleTV and actual speakers update.

Did the issue crop up around a specific time of the AppleTV update or update on the TV? I’ve seen “Auto” negotiate a standard have issues on a number of devices over the years.

From an A/V troubleshooting aspect, there’s usually multiple devices in the A/V chain. I try to identify what specific device may be causing the issue to focus my attention on the right one (It may or may not be the AppleTV). While unlikely, do try a different HDMI cable. Next, eliminate the soundbar or audio receiver or Bluetooth speakers -> test using just the TV speakers (if possible). If any test scenarios eliminates the issue, request assistance from that device maker too.

auto switching is not working for audio output.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.