Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerbook 190 power adapter (europe)

I am desperately looking for a power adapter for my Powerbook 190 family M3047(collector item) … where can I find / purchase it ?

many thanks in advance for some clues

christine

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 6:35 AM

Hello,

You're welcome!

Judging by the ad, the specifications appear to be in order. However, this manufacturer is not known to me. For safety reasons, the quality of a power adapter is very important. When you receive an adapter, double-check the text on the label. Make sure that the adapter complies with all local regulations (CE, et cetera). If in doubt, contact a qualified electrician and/or the responsible authorities.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 6:35 AM in response to mc.lauwers

Hello,

You're welcome!

Judging by the ad, the specifications appear to be in order. However, this manufacturer is not known to me. For safety reasons, the quality of a power adapter is very important. When you receive an adapter, double-check the text on the label. Make sure that the adapter complies with all local regulations (CE, et cetera). If in doubt, contact a qualified electrician and/or the responsible authorities.

Feb 9, 2022 4:09 AM in response to mc.lauwers

Very glad to hear that.

Unless you have one already, try to find an inexpensive CompactFlash PC Card adapter (for use in one of the PC Card slots of your PowerBook 190). With a CompactFlash memory card (anything between approx. 128 MB and 2 GB should be fine), it can be quite useful for backup purposes and transfers. The CF card can be reformatted to Mac, and may even be used as a startup disk.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Manuals/powerbooks/0306899APWRBK190UG.PDF (p. 41ff)

Jan

Jan 31, 2022 4:09 AM in response to mc.lauwers

Hi,

That would be a Model No. M3037 Macintosh PowerBook 45W Power Adapter with Input 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz and Output 24 VDC 1.87 A. The output plug has centre + (positive) and outside - (negative).

The best way to find a power adapter like that would probably be via an online auction site, such as eBay or Tradera.

It may also be possible to use a universal power adapter with a 24 VDC output. If so, the output current handling capacity (at 24 VDC) must not be lower than 1.87 A.

24 V x 1.87 A = 44.88 W (that is, approx. 45 W)

Powerbook 190 power adapter (europe)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.