Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown device notification -can't disable

My daughter received and unknown device notification through her tiny my iPhone app -it shows that it has been tracking her for the last 2 days and seems to also notify her when when this device is turned on. periodically to track her car. When she hits continue and then disable it will not let her disable this unknown device. It is clearly an air tag that someone has attached to her car to track her , stalk her etc. She has contacted the police and we are trying to find someone with a bug detector as we have not been able to find the air tag or device on her car so far. I am wondering why we are unable to disable the device though - Shouldn't there be a way to do this if the device is illegally tracking her ? What other possible way is there do disable this illegal device if we cannot find it?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 11:27 AM

Hi mji1966,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your daughter is getting an alert of an unknown device or AirTag. You can find some helpful information detailing on how to deal with a found device near you in What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag or Find My network accessory is with you.

Regards.

Similar questions

3 replies

Unknown device notification -can't disable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.