Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Disconnects After Replacing It Three Times

My question is, why are so many people having this problem with an Apple TV 4K? I've gone through three of them in two months; I'll be watching a video for about 20 minutes; for example, the video cuts out saying, "Unable to locate Signal, or Signal mode Not Supported. I spent $40.00 on a new high-end HDMI cable still it cuss out. I think the solution here is to get a Roku.

So, my question is, why hasn't Apple fixed this issue? I think it has to do with the design of the Apple TV Device. Any ideas?

Note: I went to the Apple store to pick up the third replacement told the tech that there's a 90% chance it will fail, and sure enough, it did fail. Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 1:48 AM

Time to get methodical about this.

What is your model TV?

Have you tried connecting the Apple TV box to one of the other HDMI ports on the TV?

For testing, have you tried if the same behavior happens with a different TV?

Are there other HDMI devices in the setup that might disrupt the signal?

It seems extremely unlikely that you would get three bad units in a row, when it is working great for so many others. The issue is elsewhere.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 1:48 AM in response to DrPhil-Five-0

Time to get methodical about this.

What is your model TV?

Have you tried connecting the Apple TV box to one of the other HDMI ports on the TV?

For testing, have you tried if the same behavior happens with a different TV?

Are there other HDMI devices in the setup that might disrupt the signal?

It seems extremely unlikely that you would get three bad units in a row, when it is working great for so many others. The issue is elsewhere.

Apple TV 4K Disconnects After Replacing It Three Times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.