Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Randomly contacts added to blocked list

I'm using iPhone13 in my contacts I have around 620 contacts but after 1-2 days automatically 2 contacts vanished to the blocked list now it has 618 contacts then I added 1 of those 2 blocked contacts back to my contacts but it vanished again with 1 new random contact, now blocked list has 3 contacts.

In my settings->contacts only icloud has access to contacts I have even removed by Gaccount, but the problem remains. I have updated my iPhone to the latest version already, I have never heard this kind of issue before, let me know if there's any fix.

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 6:45 AM

When you add a contact to the Blocked List it is not removed from the list of Contacts. You may have one Default account but you may have any other contacts account added to your device. See the pic below for more clarity

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 6:45 AM in response to trinav_007

When you add a contact to the Blocked List it is not removed from the list of Contacts. You may have one Default account but you may have any other contacts account added to your device. See the pic below for more clarity

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Randomly contacts added to blocked list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.