Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery replacement

Hi is it worth replacing the battery on my iPhone 6s? The phone meets my needs but battery barely lasts a few hours now especially in cold weather - it says battery capacity is at 82%.

it has a crack on the screen but that's not affecting my use. I don't live near an apple store so i would have to send it in to be repaired which is a bit of hassle as I'll then be without a phone but feel i should do the right thing both for my purse and the environment!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 5:48 AM

You would have to have the screen replaced in addition to the battery.

Personally, I would not consider it worth the money to do both. You would be looking at $198+tax for both. That puts you half way toward buying a new iPhone SE.

4 replies

Feb 1, 2022 7:18 AM in response to RJ_30

RJ_30 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I did wonder if the screen would have to be mended first; in which case I think you're probably right.
I'm in the Uk but imagine costs are pretty similar.

I've asked an an Apple Store, and was told that they absolutely require it because of safety reasons where the screen assembly has to be pressed back into place. If there's a crack it could shatter, or at the very least it could make it worse.

battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.