Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max display discoloration?

I have had my 13 Pro Max for almost one month and I'm noticing an ever so slight red hue or tint all along the right edge of the display, and it is most noticeable with dark colors on the screen and medium/low brightness. Has anybody else experienced this? What does this mean? I'm a little worried TBH, not sure what's going on.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 6:31 AM

If the display seems to be "warmer" in color, did you check to see if Night Shift is on (makes the display less vibrant for less strain on your eyes at night). Check this by going into the Control Center, long press on the brightness slider, and see if "Night Shift" is on.

3 replies

Feb 1, 2022 6:42 AM in response to orangePepper

I looked at some articles online and it seemed to be fixed after they got it fixed at the Genius Bar. This is a known hardware problem with many iPhone 13 Pro Maxes, so it can't be fixed with software updates. If it's a big deal to you, you can schedule an appointment at an Apple Store near you : Scheduling Genius Bar appointments: https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

iPhone 13 Pro Max display discoloration?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.