Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv not able to uninstall netflix in order to reinstall the app

How is this done? The netflix "person " said it was because my tv is a "2" and is old ?

I can watch on my apple ipad, but not my tv.

Previously ( 3 months ago ) we had netflix and i cancelled it as we weren't watching it.

Now when trying to sign in on the tv / apple box, this is the error code:

Netflix Error ATV-ui92

Help !

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 11:34 AM

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) have server-pushed ‘apps’, and these apps can’t be uninstalled or reinstalled, nor would that help you. After a restart of the device, the apps are as fresh as can be. The issue is not with the apps.

“Netflix Error ATV-ui92” may be about the account’s email, as user scoobyclub suggests. Update your account details (with Netflix), by replacing the email with the same email. See: discussions.apple.com/thread/253283156.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 11:34 AM in response to starzola

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) have server-pushed ‘apps’, and these apps can’t be uninstalled or reinstalled, nor would that help you. After a restart of the device, the apps are as fresh as can be. The issue is not with the apps.

“Netflix Error ATV-ui92” may be about the account’s email, as user scoobyclub suggests. Update your account details (with Netflix), by replacing the email with the same email. See: discussions.apple.com/thread/253283156.

Feb 1, 2022 11:03 AM in response to starzola

Use the remote to select the Netflix app. Now push and hold the select button until the app starts to ‘wiggle’. Push the play button and the option to delete the app will appear. Deleting apps from the Apple TV is very much like deleting apps on any other iOS device.

Now you can download and install a fresh copy of the Netflix app. Of course you should have reestablished your account on Netflix’s website before signing back in.

apple tv not able to uninstall netflix in order to reinstall the app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.