Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil not connecting to Bluetooth and battery percentage does not show up.

Apple Pencil is not showing battery percentage and it does not connect to Bluetooth. I forgot device and now it does not detected any more.

I place my Apple Pencil to my iPad Air 2020 and it detects that is an Apple Pencil, however it does not show how much battery percentage it has and it also just keeps trying to connect but fails to.

My Bluetooth was not able to connect to the Pencil It kept giving me errors, being a new Pencil I thought it was just a glitch. So I forgot the device and now my Bluetooth does not detect the Pencil at all.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 8:04 PM

It’s always attached on my iPad so it couldn’t be lower than 50%

At the moment it doesn’t show me the percentage at all. My iPad doesn’t connect to it anymore on Bluetooth, but it detects that it’s an Apple Pencil. It just doesn’t show the percentage and it doesn’t connect to my Bluetooth.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 8:04 PM in response to babowa

It’s always attached on my iPad so it couldn’t be lower than 50%

At the moment it doesn’t show me the percentage at all. My iPad doesn’t connect to it anymore on Bluetooth, but it detects that it’s an Apple Pencil. It just doesn’t show the percentage and it doesn’t connect to my Bluetooth.

Feb 1, 2022 10:44 PM in response to osnarrod

I lost my connection in a similar fashion.

I have been using the Pencil Gen 2 since Xmas and had two other devices connecting with bluetooth (with only one of them showing up when it's app was in use. We tried to connect a new device (a blood glucose measuring device) which could only pair when pairing for all the previous devices after their pairing was forgotten. This seemed unusual for the new device to be expecting exclusive pairing.

The pairing for the pencil is now lost and only one of the previously paired devices could be paired again. My concern is where to have this reviewed, because the ipad and the pencil were purchased from two different location (not apple) as Apple could not make the deliveries in time.

I had fully expected that the Gen 2 pencil was the problem, but now I cannot exclude the Ipad Mini 6.

I have Apple care for the Ipad and assume that it will cover the Pencil also.

Feb 1, 2022 10:50 PM in response to osnarrod

osnarrod Said:

"Apple Pencil not connecting to Bluetooth and battery percentage does not show up."

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Syncing is off, or perhaps it is no longer being seen as a trusted device. So, refer to the following...

Verify the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make Sure: that Bluetooth is enabled

Be Certain: there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully Pair: and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

Feb 2, 2022 11:08 AM in response to deanesfield

deanesfield Said:

"Thank you. This pencil was new at Xmas and started using it mid January. I had expected better from Apple[…]

———-

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

If purchased during Christmas , request a swapout. You have a one-tear limited warranty on this. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get a swapout.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Feb 1, 2022 11:06 PM in response to TheLittles

Thank you for those hints.

The first three items have been tried and retried.

Like osnarrod I cannot check battery % as it will show Pencil but but no % , perhaps it showing Pencil attached but necessarily connected. The Pencil has been riding sidesaddle for 24hrs todays page only shows ipad charge at 100%. Sorry I had not mentioned that the Pencil was attached for 24hrs before.

Thank you for the quick response.

Apple Pencil not connecting to Bluetooth and battery percentage does not show up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.