Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up an Ipad

Can I copy the apps/info from my current iphone to the new ipad I receive today, or does it only transfer to a new device (e.g. can I share between devices and add news ones to each as needed)?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 7:36 AM

Is the iPad you are receiving not new? Are you not going to be setting it up from scratch?

Apps will be set to be downloaded from the App Store if you set up the iPad from a backup of the iPhone or if you use Quick Start.

If you choose not to do this, you can download Apps from your purchase history on the iPad on an app by app basis as long as it is signed in to the same Apple ID as the iPhone.

Link-> Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 7:36 AM in response to LuddyK

Is the iPad you are receiving not new? Are you not going to be setting it up from scratch?

Apps will be set to be downloaded from the App Store if you set up the iPad from a backup of the iPhone or if you use Quick Start.

If you choose not to do this, you can download Apps from your purchase history on the iPad on an app by app basis as long as it is signed in to the same Apple ID as the iPhone.

Link-> Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

Setting up an Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.