Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air will not start

My Mac air will not start and image circle

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 10:17 AM

Hi there.

View this link to see if your Mac is displaying any of the screens shown in the link. If your screen matches one of the screens shown, follow the Support instructions provided on how to go about fixing it. Hopefully this helps your situation.

14 replies

Feb 3, 2022 4:24 AM in response to zina4444

Try these steps:

1) Shut down your Mac. Press the power button and immediately hold down the Option key until startup disk selection appears. (If none appear after 30 seconds, it didn’t work) If your startup disk appears, select it and it should allow you to login. Then make sure you go to System Preferences >> Startup Disk, and confirm that your startup disk is selected as default.

2) If holding Option didn’t work, did you back up this computer? If you did, go back to disk utility like you’ve been doing and select the disk0 and see if you can press the erase button. Then power off the computer and set it back up and restore your backup in the setup process.

Let me know if you try these steps or if they don’t work.

My MacBook Air will not start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.