Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13Pro Auto Brightness Not Working.

I've had a new 13Pro for about 2 weeks and cannot get the auto-brightness feature to work. I've switched it off, rebooted and switched it back on with no luck. I've tried it with True Tone on/off, again with no luck. I can go from a very bright room into a dark room and the screen brightness does not dim at all. Any suggestions?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 9:29 AM

Hey DavidS.62,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having an issue with auto-brightness not working as expected. We'd be happy to help out.

To get started, you'll find everything you need to know about adjusting this setting here: Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you have a case on your iPhone 13 Pro, please remove it and test further. Also, ensure your iPhone 13 Pro is fully updated to the latest software. If so and the issue is persisting without any accessories involved, there might be an issue with the ambient light sensor on your iPhone, so it'd be best to schedule a visit in-store at an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for further evaluation.

For help locating and scheduling a visit nearby, check out: Get Support

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 9:29 AM in response to DavidS.62

Hey DavidS.62,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having an issue with auto-brightness not working as expected. We'd be happy to help out.

To get started, you'll find everything you need to know about adjusting this setting here: Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you have a case on your iPhone 13 Pro, please remove it and test further. Also, ensure your iPhone 13 Pro is fully updated to the latest software. If so and the issue is persisting without any accessories involved, there might be an issue with the ambient light sensor on your iPhone, so it'd be best to schedule a visit in-store at an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for further evaluation.

For help locating and scheduling a visit nearby, check out: Get Support

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

Feb 3, 2022 9:49 AM in response to karina184

Thank you Karina184, it is working. As a long time iPhone user, I have to admit to feeling pretty dumb. I was misunderstanding the slide switch in the Display and Brightness under Appearance in Settings as turning auto-brightness on/off. I now see that it's controlling Light/Dark appearance only and the auto-brightness is actually controlled within Accessibility. Thanks again for your help.

Iphone 13Pro Auto Brightness Not Working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.