Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No alert for some Text messages

I have a iPhone 13 and I’m not getting alerts for at least 1/2 of my text messages, I don’t know I’ve got some of the messages till I actually check my phone, any clues to why this is happening? It never happened to any of my other iPhones.

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 11:53 AM

I had this issue so I went through the options that I could locate.

I receive no alert for some Text messages. I have an iPhone SE 2020 software version 15.2.1

Hide Alerts is turned off.

Settings>Notifications Time Sensitive Notifications off.

I’ve powered the phone down then back up several times. Same issue.

I’ve checked for an individual “do not disturb” indication within the message by going to “more” at the bottom of the message, nothing there.

Settings > Notifications > Show Previews > Always

Solution for me, I recently purchased a new Macbook Air. I didn't realize that I was signed into iMessages on my laptop. I logged out of iMessages on my computer. That seemed to take care of my issue. I now get alerts from all messages.

Good Luck

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 11:53 AM in response to kaylene130

I had this issue so I went through the options that I could locate.

I receive no alert for some Text messages. I have an iPhone SE 2020 software version 15.2.1

Hide Alerts is turned off.

Settings>Notifications Time Sensitive Notifications off.

I’ve powered the phone down then back up several times. Same issue.

I’ve checked for an individual “do not disturb” indication within the message by going to “more” at the bottom of the message, nothing there.

Settings > Notifications > Show Previews > Always

Solution for me, I recently purchased a new Macbook Air. I didn't realize that I was signed into iMessages on my laptop. I logged out of iMessages on my computer. That seemed to take care of my issue. I now get alerts from all messages.

Good Luck

Feb 16, 2022 8:36 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

If you have an Apple Watch, your text seem to prioritize to the watch and your phone will not sound on your phone unless you have your phone open. I had your same problem; I turned off notifications on my watch and now my text notifications “ring” on my phone even when it is locked. I THINK you can have either/or but not both…. At least I can’t figure out how to have alerts on both at the same time. Hope this is helpful.

No alert for some Text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.