Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to change name of songs, albums, or artists

I can change the names of the song, album, or artist in iTunes in Get Info. Once I close this window, it will revert back to all the original information. I have tried deleting the songs and reloading them. I have tried changing the permissions to Read & Write for everyone in the folder but none of this works. It is very frustrating! I have been able to do this without any problems, until the most recent update on my computer. How do I fix this? Thanks!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 2:44 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Feb 5, 2022 6:43 PM in response to dedebeck

dedebeck wrote:

@turingtest2 I have tried the repair security permissions for iTunes for Mac but it did not work. I can change it, but once I exit the information it automatically reverts back to the original. It is getting very frustrating! This has only happened since the last upgrade on my computer. What else can I do?

@myginger clicking on the song itself, is also doing the same thing as command I, it gives me the same results and reverts back to the original information.

Do you have a subscription to Apple Music? There appears to be an ongoing issue affecting some users where changes in the Mac's library aren't posted to the cloud, and the library later reverts.

tt2

Feb 5, 2022 5:52 PM in response to dedebeck

@turingtest2 I have tried the repair security permissions for iTunes for Mac but it did not work. I can change it, but once I exit the information it automatically reverts back to the original. It is getting very frustrating! This has only happened since the last upgrade on my computer. What else can I do?

@myginger clicking on the song itself, is also doing the same thing as command I, it gives me the same results and reverts back to the original information.

Feb 5, 2022 6:05 PM in response to dedebeck

Theres a slight lag in this. I didn't get your last post till after I made my post. I'm running out of ideas, unless going to user library preference files and removing the iTune preferences does something. It will recreate. itself. There is iTunes Helper and iTune playlist. If it worries you put them in the trash but don't empty it. Then if it doesn't work or messes up something, you can delete the new ones and use (put back) to put them back in user library preferences. Put back is right click and put back.

Unable to change name of songs, albums, or artists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.