Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t set up Hey Siri

I’ve been trying to set up “listen for hey Siri” on my iPhone XR for god knows how long now, I’ve followed all apples steps and reset my settings and a million other things but to no avail. My microphone works fine because if I press the side button Siri works but soon as I start the process of setting siri up to listen for hey Siri it can’t hear me/ doesn’t respond. I’m all up to date with iOS and my phone works perfectly fine but for some reason just cannot get this done.

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:20 PM

Dan2586 Said:

"Can’t set up Hey Siri: I’ve been trying to set up “listen for hey Siri” on my iPhone XR for god knows how long now, I’ve followed all apples steps and reset my settings and a million other things but to no avail.[...]"

-------

Three Things:

A. Start Here: If "Hey Siri" isn't Working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

B. Try Reenabling Siri:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Siri & Search
  3. Tap: Listen for 'Hey Siri' (so that it is disabled)
  4. Tap: turn Siri back on
  5. Tap: Continue

C. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Report this to Apple. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what fixes to include in updates to come. Being there is no feedback area for Siri, use the feedback area for the device: iPhone

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Other" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 5:20 PM in response to Dan2586

Dan2586 Said:

"Can’t set up Hey Siri: I’ve been trying to set up “listen for hey Siri” on my iPhone XR for god knows how long now, I’ve followed all apples steps and reset my settings and a million other things but to no avail.[...]"

-------

Three Things:

A. Start Here: If "Hey Siri" isn't Working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

B. Try Reenabling Siri:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Siri & Search
  3. Tap: Listen for 'Hey Siri' (so that it is disabled)
  4. Tap: turn Siri back on
  5. Tap: Continue

C. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Report this to Apple. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what fixes to include in updates to come. Being there is no feedback area for Siri, use the feedback area for the device: iPhone

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Other" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Feb 3, 2022 11:56 AM in response to Dan2586

Dan2586 Said:

"Can’t set up Hey Siri: Done all of that multiple times and still maxes no difference

———-

Using this with and External Mic?

If you are using an external microphone with these, then the issue may be on that hardware, rather than the iPhone.

Contact Apple Support:

If Siri isn’t working, then contact Apple Support. Something is misconfigured software-wise, if the internal microphone is working with Siri. They’ll run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Us Info:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, calls are taking a bit longer to get through. And, that makes sense, because many are at home working out-of-the-house or are taking classes over-the-web, this they have more time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, it might take a bit to get through to Apple Support. But, just stay on the line, and someone will be with you :)

Can’t set up Hey Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.