Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resolution on monitor vs on New MacBook Pro

The new MacBook Pro has a resolution of 3024 X 1964, I'm not sure if purchasing a monitor with a higher resolution would benefit. I would appreciate any input on this. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 10:16 AM

thats the resolution for the onboard display. Adding an external monitor with a higher resolution will make for a much more crisp experience. The higher the resolution the clearer the image will be, hence the higher quality image being displayed. You could always get an external keyboard and mouse, hook them up along with the power and then you can attach your external monitor and you could always close the lid Only using the monitor as the main display. Personally, that's what I would do. I don't like looking at the 13, 15, 16, 17 inch screens. But that's just me. I would go with the larger monitor.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 10:16 AM in response to zorksorark150

thats the resolution for the onboard display. Adding an external monitor with a higher resolution will make for a much more crisp experience. The higher the resolution the clearer the image will be, hence the higher quality image being displayed. You could always get an external keyboard and mouse, hook them up along with the power and then you can attach your external monitor and you could always close the lid Only using the monitor as the main display. Personally, that's what I would do. I don't like looking at the 13, 15, 16, 17 inch screens. But that's just me. I would go with the larger monitor.

Resolution on monitor vs on New MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.