Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover deleted photos to named album or to external folder

Who knows how it happened but all of a sudden my Recently Deleted album has thousands of images (my Photos app contains 35,000+ images). I don't know if they are duplicates or singletons, so I really don't want to delete them all with a single tap.

It's my understanding that when a user recovers deleted images, they go back into the main repository, which for me would present a major organizational headache.

Is there a way to create a Photos album (say, Recovered) and recover them to that location? Or to somehow select them all and export them to a folder in iCloud for later disposition?

Or is there another alternative?

Thank you for any advice. If you need clarification or more info, I'll be glad to provide what I can.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 3:20 AM

When you recover a photo from Recently Deleted it will be put back to the albums it has been in. Just try it with a few photos.

3 replies

Recover deleted photos to named album or to external folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.