Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm sure its been discussed before but I need help with deleted photos

The storage on my iPhone was full - mostly because of photos and videos - and so I saved them all to icloud and deleted them from my phone to free up space. I didn't realise that this would also delete them from iCloud. Is there a way to retrieve the pics.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 2:40 AM

In Apple's support document Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch you will find these instructions:

*You will find the Recently Deleted album by scrolling down after taping on the Album tab at the foot of the Photos app. It is represented by a bin icon.

Recover deleted photos or videos

If you accidentally delete a photo or video, you have 30 days to get it back from your Recently Deleted album. When you recover photos and videos, they go back to your All Photos album. Here's how to recover deleted photos or videos:

1. Open Photos and tap the Albums tab.
  2. Scroll down, tap the Recently Deleted album, then tap Select.
  3. Tap the photo or video that you want to keep or tap Recover All.
  4. Tap Recover again to confirm.

If you're missing a photo or video, you can try these steps to find itLearn what to do if you're missing a photo or video.

However, this won't work if you have already chosen to permanently delete them by choosing Delete All.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 2:40 AM in response to Specialpics

In Apple's support document Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch you will find these instructions:

*You will find the Recently Deleted album by scrolling down after taping on the Album tab at the foot of the Photos app. It is represented by a bin icon.

Recover deleted photos or videos

If you accidentally delete a photo or video, you have 30 days to get it back from your Recently Deleted album. When you recover photos and videos, they go back to your All Photos album. Here's how to recover deleted photos or videos:

1. Open Photos and tap the Albums tab.
  2. Scroll down, tap the Recently Deleted album, then tap Select.
  3. Tap the photo or video that you want to keep or tap Recover All.
  4. Tap Recover again to confirm.

If you're missing a photo or video, you can try these steps to find itLearn what to do if you're missing a photo or video.

However, this won't work if you have already chosen to permanently delete them by choosing Delete All.

I'm sure its been discussed before but I need help with deleted photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.