Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar on iPhone not alerting with sound, tried everything.

Hi, wondering if someone can help me figure out why the calendar on my iPhone isn’t alerting me with sound. I’ve gone through all of the settings, researched it online went to the Apple forum, and watched YouTube videos. I’ve tried all of the suggestions. I do get banner notifications, just no sound accompanying them. This problem started when I updated my OS on the iPhone 7 and the issue has since carried over to my new iPhone. When I got the new phone, I started off with a clean slate and didn’t restore it from the cloud. However, when the calendar updated at some point, it lost the ability to notify with sound.

My phone isn’t on silent. All notifications are on. The volume for the sound is up high and the alert sound has been chosen. The calendar events have alerts assigned to them. I’m on the latest OS 15.3. I’ve done a hard reset, but it didn’t solve the issue. Could there be another app that is interfering with the alert? My other option would be to either reset the entire phone back to the default settings or go to the Apple store for help. Has anyone else had this issue? Any other suggestions?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 6:30 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Calendar on iPhone not alerting with sound, tried everything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.