Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep my iPad unlocked

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 9:45 AM

What iPad model do you have?

iPads with Face ID can keep the display turned on as long as you are looking it at it with the Attention Aware switch turned on in Settings-> Face ID & Password.

Otherwise if you don't have an iPad with Face ID, you can turn off the passcode requirement or change the Require Passcode time frame in Settings->Touch ID & Passcode.

Do note some features may require the existence of a passcode. and others may limit the "Require Passcode" available options.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 9:45 AM in response to Retired-teacher

What iPad model do you have?

iPads with Face ID can keep the display turned on as long as you are looking it at it with the Attention Aware switch turned on in Settings-> Face ID & Password.

Otherwise if you don't have an iPad with Face ID, you can turn off the passcode requirement or change the Require Passcode time frame in Settings->Touch ID & Passcode.

Do note some features may require the existence of a passcode. and others may limit the "Require Passcode" available options.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.